10 Weird Laws from New York
by Andrea “The Grill” and Josh “The Geek” of Geeky Gaming
Josh and Andrea start a new series of weird laws across America and around the world. Join us as we count down the first 10. Starting in New York.
Hey Geeks, it’s Andrea and I am here with Josh. We are going to start a new series. We are going to go over weird laws from all over the world and we are going to start in our own country by sharing 10 weird laws from the great state of New York. We hope to eventually go over all of the states and several more countries, but don’t worry. They will definitely be spread out. I know the idea isn’t anything new or original, but it is something I have really been wanting to do because it cracks me up and I hope you enjoy it too. Alright Geeks, let’s go.
- A protective father must have been the guy to blame for initiating this law. If you flirt you can receive a fine of 25 dollars. As a guy in my early 20s who is dating a perfect and beautiful girl who definitely did not write this and make me say this, I can promise you that if this law was enforced in New York, I couldn’t afford to live there. Well, in some parts I already can’t. Have you seen some rent prices? Jeez.
- Here is one that I understood during the days of playing dodgeball in school. Throwing a ball at someone’s face for fun is illegal. Maybe that’s where the whole dodgeball jail area concept came from. Either way, you won’t catch me playing dodgeball in New York. Or anywhere else for that matter. Because ow.
- If you are a woman in her 80s, you should probably be careful. If you are truly law abiding, then you don’t wear slippers after 10 at night. I guess whoever proposed this law hates having warm comfy feet. Or he hates fluffy bunny slippers. Ooo or maybe he was the inventor of socks and is jealous of slippers.
- The town called Babylon is one I wouldn’t have survived in. Anyone under the age of 16 isn’t allowed to play video games during school hours on any weekday during the school year. This town really hates fun because it is also illegal to shoot a bow and arrow there. Maybe next they’ll take away puppy cuddles. Fun haters.
- A lot of weird laws are pretty specific and seem to be put in place by someone angry about one event or something that we just don’t know. Here is one of those specific ones. On Sundays you can’t walk around with an ice cream cone in your pocket. There goes my million-dollar pocket cooling idea. Maybe next time Shark Tank. Maybe next time.
- I can understand why they would make jumping off of a building illegal. Maybe the punishment is a bit severe, though. If caught you can be sentenced to death. Although most of these cases kinda sentenced themselves, if you know what I mean. They have sentenced people for base jumping in New York in the last few years, but not with death.
- I don’t know exactly what is going on in this town, but in a town called Hempstead, it is illegal to “be naked or fondle yourself in public.” I’m not sure if related or not, but it is also illegal to use a mechanical bull in that town, so… Maybe this town hates fun too?
- The guys who created this one must have really hated small talk or worked in a really annoying office. It is illegal to talk to people on an elevator. Not only that, but you are required to look straight ahead at the door and cross your arms. Maybe the idea of those wild kids who keep their arms by their side made him nervous. Rebels.
- Here is a law that is thankfully not enforced. It is illegal for women to wear tight clothing. On a lighter note, as long as you aren’t selling it, it is technically legal for women to be topless in the streets of New York. Just don’t put a price tag on the show and you’re good to go. In theory you could get away with it. It is on the law books after all.
- This was to me the weirdest and most specific of all the weird laws in New York. It is illegal to greet each other by putting your thumb against your nose and wiggling your fingers. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen anyone do this, but if it is something you and your friends like doing for some reason, do it in New York and tweet us a picture.
Alright Geeks, that’s going to do it for this list. Before you go, let us know what state you want us to do next by leaving a comment down below. We picked New York on a whim, but we really want you to pick what we’re going to do next. Do us a favor and subscribe if you haven’t already. We have a T-Shirt to give-away at a mystery number of subs, so get your friends to join in too. Follow us on twitter and if you are one of the few that are still listening, we have another present for you. For the next 48 hours there is an invite link to our discord. Check the comments. Alright Geeks, see you next time.
Be sure to subscribe!
Follow us on Twitter:
@GeekyGamingCrew – https://twitter.com/GeekyGamingCrew
Be sure to check out our Twitch stream.
Join our Steam Community:
Join our Reddit Community:
Follow us on Instagram:
Check out our Website:
Gaming Countdowns Playlist:
Geeky Countdowns Playlist:
All Coundowns Playlist:
Game Reviews Playlist:
Geeky Reviews Playlist:
All Reviews Playlist:
Geeky Quizzing Playlist:
Skyrim Mods Playlist: